OpenReMap is a worldwide geographic database dedicated to renewable energy.
Location and attributes information in OpenReMap come from various databases. All this information is gathered to obtain a global and harmonized database.
OpenStreetMap database provides information for all the technologies that are currently in OpenReMap (wind, solar, biomass, biogas, geothermal, tidal).
For wind turbine technology, OpenReMap also uses local databases to enrich the OpenStreetMap database. Currently, the following countries have been integrated.
- U.S. Wind Turbine Database
- public domain
- Map services and data are available from U.S. Wind Turbine Database, provided by the U.S. Geological Survey, American Clean Power Association, and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory via https://eerscmap.usgs.gov/uswtdb
If you know other open databases in other countries, please contact me so they can appear on OpenReMap.
There are various manners to participate in the development of OpenReMap.
- By mapping in OpenStreetMap the renewable electricity production facilities. Changes made in OpenStreetMap will be visible the next day in OpenReMap
- By mapping in OpenWindPowerMap
- By reporting any kind of bugs
If you want to financially support the development of OpenReMap, you can ask for data exports. You just have to specify the technology and the area you are interested in and describe who you are. According to your profile, a contribution will be asked.
Exports are available in these formats :
- comma-separated values (CSV)
- shapefile (SHP)
- geopackage (GPKG)
Here are some ways to improve OpenReMap :
- improve the wind turbine database's attributes (help from manufacturers could be useful)
- add the hydroelectric technology
- add more local databases
OpenReMap has been online since November 2020.
The OpenReMap website is licensed under the CC BY 2.0, you can reuse it as long as you mention a visible link to the page.
I am a geo-data scientist specialized in the processing of geographical data related to renewable energy.
You can contact me by email (email@example.com) or Linkedin
If you want to know more about my professional activity please visit ReMap Services